Pixar in a Box
- Start here!
- Introduction to geometric transformations
- 1. Coordinate plane
- Graph points
- 2. Translation
- Laying out a scene using translation
- 3. Scaling
- Scaling items in a scene
- 4. Commutativity
- Commutative and non-commutative transformations
- 5. Rotation
- Finish your scene!
- 6. Composite transformations
- Composite transformations
- Getting to know Fran Kalal
Scaling items in a scene
Here is the scene we are working on
Arranging items with scaling
The items that just require translation are already in place. Now you can add items that require translation and scaling. Ignore any item that requires rotation. Again, once you are happy with the scene, submit it for the director's approval.
Want to join the conversation?
- my right side of the screen is not showing up because it "ends" at the iPad s edge so I can't use the transformation and sizing thingy(17 votes)
- Hello! You can access the full interactive activity here: https://www.khanacademy.org/computer-programming/program/6084802756345856/embedded?embed=yes&author=no&editor=no&width=800&buttons=no&settings=%7B%7D(5 votes)
- i made like 5 giant buzzillas and ten smaller buzzes but the directer wouldnt let me so im like TOO BAD(8 votes)
- i made a giant buzz and a little buzz and called it big buzz meets little buzz(4 votes)
- how do u move the toy story things(7 votes)
- why do we have to do this?
why is it so boring(4 votes)
- You aren't forced to do this...
You can choose to do this or not. If you want, you can skip the entire thing.(1 vote)
- There isn't any options of rotating, then how will I rotate some objects from this scene?(3 votes)
You will be able to rotate your object 4 lessons away from this one.
Hope this helps!
---Inspirable Learner(2 votes)
- Why does the bed move as you resize it, and how do you get it to stop moving?(3 votes)
- It depends on what order you are using the scale and translate transformations. If you have translate before scale then that may be the problem.(2 votes)
- what if you have truble(3 votes)
- that other things can be addd in this exerciise?(3 votes)
- Say here if you are reading this in 2021(2 votes)
- I am done what is the next wane(2 votes)