Charioteer of Delphi, c. 478-474 B.C.E., bronze (lost wax cast) with silver, glass and copper inlay, 1.8 m high (Delphi Archaeological Museum)
Speakers: Dr. Beth Harris and Dr. Steven Zucker
Inscription on base:
"Dedicated by Polyzalus, younger brother of Gelon, tyrant of Gela and later of Syracuse, and of Hieron"
Uncovered in 1896 near the Temple of Apollo at Delphi .Created byBeth Harris and Steven Zucker.