3rd grade reading & vocabulary
Welcome to the Pets unit!
A puppy and a cat snuggling in the grass.
Have you ever had a pet, or made friends with someone else’s pet? Pets can help people who are lonely or stressed. Different kinds of pets have different qualities. For example, dogs are very loyal and will cheer you up, and rats are smart and learn things quickly. Each animal, of course, has a special personality too. In this unit, we’ll be reading and thinking about what makes the best kind of pet.
In this unit, you will:
- Compare qualities of different animals
- Learn how pets can be good companions
- Read different opinions on pets
- Watching videos to help you understand what good readers and writers do
- Reading and answering questions about literary and informational texts
- Learning new academic words
In order to answer the essential question: Which animal makes the best pet?
Want to join the conversation?
- why can't pets live longer.(33 votes)
- How do they sense any trouble(19 votes)
- Most animals have far better senses of smell, sight, and hearing then we do, so they are able to detect many things we would normally miss.(12 votes)
- Some pest are the best why you could cuddle with them, play with them and sleep together. :)(21 votes)
- u are soooo right(2 votes)
- do you love cats(16 votes)
- i like cats i have a sister who is a cat fan!!(5 votes)
- why do pets eat different food?(10 votes)
- they like diff. things. all diff.(1 vote)
- why do they help people that are lonely(10 votes)
- Pets provide a sense of companionship and company, something that loves you and cares about you. Sometimes, people get pets so they can feel these feelings of love and acceptance.(4 votes)
- thank you everyone i have 28 votes for that i will vote evreyone but if you did not vote me plz do that so i am vote you thank you!!(10 votes)
- What is your favorite pet? My two favorite are dogs,and cats.(8 votes)
- how do rats learn so fast!(10 votes)
- Bro, no ones want a rat(0 votes)
- sadly my lizard died cuz of a flu he was only 3-4(4 votes)
- im sorry for your 3-4 years old lizard(3 votes)