Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:44:00
Dr. Rishi Desai, our medical fellow, has made a whole host of new videos about laboratory values and the concepts of molarity, molality, osmolarity, osmolality, and tonicity.
You can even learn how to calculate your own osmolarity!
- Introduction to lab values and normal ranges
- Units for common medical lab values
- What is an equivalent?
- Molarity vs. Molality
- Molarity vs. Osmolarity
- Calculate your own osmolarity
- Molarity, Molality, Osmolarity, Osmolality, and Tonicity - What’s the difference?
- Tonicity - comparing 2 solutions
- Aldosterone and ADH: find out how they cause changes in volume and osmolarity