Geometry (all content)
Intro to curves
In daily language, we all use the word curve to mean "not straight" but does the word curve have the same meaning in math? Can a straight line be a curve? Also, what makes a curve a 'simple curve'? Created by Aanand Srinivas.
Want to join the conversation?
- At the last , I would call it an Open Curve , because it is not closed or does not start from one point and end at the same point later. Do you agree?(5 votes)
- wow.i never knew THIS existed!(2 votes)
- oh and the question, the spiral is a simple ,and is not crossed.(1 vote)
- Definition of curve is "A curve is a shape or a line which is smoothly and continuously drawn in a plane having a bent or turns in it". So according to the definition of curve, can we say that any 2D shapes or plane figures are also a curve in geometry?(1 vote)
- Can we say that any 2D shapes or plane figures are also a curve?(1 vote)
- If I am right Curve is a line with start and end with no gaps .
Is straight line is curve ? or we are talking about line segment
cause straight line has no start and end but line segment have .(1 vote)
- how to find that it is a open curve or closed cure(1 vote)
- soooo.... the straight line is curve or not, this has confused me...(0 votes)
- no because it is a straight line(0 votes)
Is there a more sophisticated way to say "not" simple curve?At4:14, it's mentioned that there is, but WHAT IS IT?(1 vote)
- I thought this was going to be curves on a graph?(1 vote)