Review the term polygon and name polygons with up to 8 sides. Then, try some practice problems.
What is a polygon?
A polygon is a closed figure with at least straight sides.
Practice set 1
Is the following figure a polygon?
Want to learn more about recognizing shapes? Check out this video.
Polygons can be named by their number of sides.
|Number of sides||Name|
Practice set 2
Which of these shapes are quadrilaterals?
Want to try more problems like this? Check out this exercise
Want to join the conversation?
- What is the difference Between a Circle, Ellipse And an oval .(7 votes)
- Well, a circle is identical all around it, an ellipse changes due to it's diameter, and an oval, similar to an ellipse, is never identical all around. Hope this helps!(2 votes)
- What's a polygon(0 votes)
- A polygon is made of any three straight sides with the lines all connected to each other, as well as not overlapping and meeting at the ends of the lines.(2 votes)
- Actually does anyone know the name of a 20-sided shape?(4 votes)
- A 20 - sided shape is called a icosagon. To learn about other shapes with a lot of sides go to:(0 votes)
- Is Nonagon Belong In A Polygon?(5 votes)
- 3 dimensional octagon is called a octahedron(7 votes)
- A three dimensional octagon is a octagonal prism. An octahedron is a square pyramid stacked on top of another one, and it has 8 sides.(3 votes)
- what would a ten sided shape be called?(2 votes)
- What is a 24-sided shape called?(0 votes)
- if it is not closed then it isnt a polygon, right?(3 votes)
- is there a shape that has 11 sides?(4 votes)