- Geometric Abstraction in South America, an introduction
- Joaquín Torres-García, Composition
- Torres García, Inverted America
- Lygia Clark, Bicho
- Breaking the Frame, the Concrete Art movement
- Painting in an Industrial Age, the Concrete Art movement
- The Challenge of a Straight Line, the Concrete Art movement
- Rhod Rothfuss, Yellow Quadrangle
Painting in an Industrial Age, the Concrete Art movement
Created by Getty Museum and the Colección Patricia Phelps de Cisneros. Discover how Brazilian Concrete Artists engaged with a rapidly industrializing culture by using the entire range of industrial paints developed in the 20th century. This video is one of three that accompanied the “Making Art Concrete: Works from Argentina and Brazil in the Colección Patricia Phelps de Cisneros” (September 16, 2017 – February 11, 2018) at the Getty Museum. For more information visit http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/cisneros. Created by Getty Museum.
Want to join the conversation?
- was he even real XD(1 vote)