What is Programming?
Want to join the conversation?
- how do you find other people's spin-offs?(685 votes)
- Press the spin-offs button under a program (Next to the buttons saying things like "Questions" and "Documentation".
There you can see changed spin-offs(507 votes)
- How would you use the programming in something like a fridge?(133 votes)
- Good question.
Some modern fridges by Samsung are "smart", which means they have a touch screen and can keep track of the contents of the fridge. They depend on an operating system, like your computer does. This operating system controls its tasks and is usually programmed using C or C++. In fact, some fridge companies have begun to incorporate Windows 10 operating systems in its touch screens.
The fridge's software would be programmed like a computer software is programmed.
As you can see, programming plays an indispensable role in our lives. From fridges to rovers on Mars, programming has it covered. Even cross-continental missiles.(293 votes)
- How long does it usually take to master the art of computer programming?(78 votes)
- There will be more to learn once you think you've "Mastered" it.(15 votes)
- Hi, I'm new to programming. I was just wondering if all of this programming in Khan Academy is really worth it for programming outside of what we do here. Does it help, and if so, how?(52 votes)
- How do you find other people's programs and projects?(27 votes)
- Search "browse projects", and you can find a lot of projects that people have made here on Khan Academy.(49 votes)
- What is Ruby?(16 votes)
- Ruby is a dynamic, interpreted, reflective, object-oriented, general-purpose programming language. It was designed and developed in the mid-1990s by Yukihiro "Matz" Matsumoto in Japan. According to the creator, Ruby was influenced by Perl, Smalltalk, Eiffel, Ada, and Lisp.(33 votes)
- Sure, as long as you persevere.(30 votes)
- How would computer programming be useful in health and medicine?(20 votes)
- If you look at the coronavirus breaking out now, you can thank computers and programming that it has not spread around the world yet. Scientists found out its genetic coding using sophisticated programming techniques, and sent this around the world via methods made possible by programming. Programming is used by doctors when they diagnose diseases; they put the symptoms into a database and the database comes up with possible diagnoses and treatment. AI may even replace doctors in the next few decades, as programmed computers are generally better doctors than are humans, as they make less errors.(23 votes)
- Why is the C programming not included?(11 votes)
- C isn't taught as of 10/7/20 on Khan Academy. On Khan Academy, you can learn PJS, HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery and SQL for languages. Then there is also other electrnoic stuff like 'Pixar in a box.'(18 votes)
- Is programming tough and is it something that is essential to the modern day society?(3 votes)
- I think it's really easy to get started if you need any help, remember everyone here is ready and willing, including myself. And yes, it is most certainly essential so modern society. Have a good day and let me know if you need anything else. :)(25 votes)