About this unit
Brief overview of the topics covered in the Additional resources unit.
What's in this unit?
This unit provides an overview of many aspects of personal finance that are important for people to understand in order to make informed decisions and build a solid financial foundation.
It contains a variety of articles and videos related to personal finance, including
- The basics of saving and budgeting, including strategies for tracking spending and cutting costs
- Interest rates and debt, which can have a significant impact on a person's overall financial health
- Different types of investments, including 401(k) plans and IRAs, and advice on how to manage these accounts over time
- The components of a paycheck and the various benefits that may be available to employees
- Key tax concepts, such as tax brackets and deductions
- The pros and cons of renting vs. buying a home
- Car buying and leasing
- Strategies for funding college, including how to navigate unique family situations
Consider these materials a sneak peek of the topics we will be covering more as we build out this course further.
Find out more about personal finance by visiting our personal finance course!
Want to join the conversation?
- Anything besides videos?(6 votes)
- Yes! Articles and exercises in the previous unit! But this unit, and the Personal Finance course, are video and article-only. More to come, as Khan Academy has said :)(6 votes)
- Are the materials in the unit the same as in Personal Finance? If this course is incomplete, would I be better served to switch to Personal Finance to finish this course?(2 votes)
- Are the any exercises in Financial Literacy?(1 vote)
- No. There are no exercises here, just important things to learn.(1 vote)
- Humana humana humana heeeeeee(1 vote)