SAT (Fall 2023)
For the first time ever, students have access to a free, personalized practice program for the SAT through an exclusive partnership between Khan Academy and the College Board. By making world-class SAT preparation available to anyone, anywhere, we hope to level the playing field so that every student has equal opportunity for college readiness!
How can tutors use Official SAT Practice to help their students?
Check out our Tutor Guide on how to use Official SAT Practice with your students.
Check out these six, one-hour tutor lesson plans designed for Official SAT Practice.
Since launching Official SAT Practice, we have heard from many tutors who use the product when they teach, and we are excited to help tutors support students in their practice! We are continuously working to improve our product, and plan to release more educator-centric features - such as being able to track student progress - in the coming months. In the meantime, we’d love to share some helpful implementation tips and methods that have been successful for other tutors.
- Create your own Khan Academy account to explore Official SAT Practice and familiarize yourself with what students will see on satpractice.org
- Get personalized recommendations for your students by asking them to link their College Board & Khan Academy accounts, or to complete the diagnostic quizzes
- Create a practice schedule with your students on Official SAT Practice that will send weekly reminders to help them stay on track
- Tutor your students using the personalized recommendations, real SAT practice problems, and then review the problems they missed
- Track your students’ progress through journals, daily logs, surveys or polls. Use energy points or completed practice sessions as input data. You could also ask students to print the results of their practice tests, or an overview of their practice history from the Review Tab.
- Build a strong foundation with your students by understanding their goals and challenges and by emphasizing the need to practice and start early for the SAT
- Support your students with weekly reminders / encouragement, celebrate their hard work as they practice, and keep session notes to help tailor your tutoring
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there a separate, tutor-oriented view of the Official SAT Practice?
Currently, there is no such feature, or tutor-specific view, but we hope to build educator-focused features soon.
Can I see my students’ Official SAT Practice Activity on my coach dashboard?
While coaches can create a class on Khan Academy and track energy points through the coach dashboard, other information about SAT practice (time spent, problems solved, videos watched, etc.) is currently not available there.
Until we are able to provide full educator access to student data on Official SAT Practice, please consider asking your students to print the information from their personal Review Tabs before each class.
Want to join the conversation?
- When you say, "print the information from their personal review tabs"--what exactly will this show? Only how many correct and incorrect answers they got? Or can it show the questions, what answer they put, and whether it was correct or incorrect? Thanks.(9 votes)
- In the 5th bullet, can you further explain 'Track your students’ progress through journals, daily logs, surveys or polls. Use energy points or completed practice sessions as input data.'? I have all my PSAT & SAT students in a 'class' I created, so I can at least see when they've been working!(2 votes)
- what can do reading section to get good scores because I can not get average score also because of my poor understanding of any topic is there any way to get thing fast to understand does any one has any trick for that.(2 votes)