SAT content and format
Words in context
Command of evidence
Essay analyzing a source
The Math that matters most
- Questions from the Problem Solving and Data Analysis area will require you to use ratios, percentages, and proportional reasoning to solve problems in science, social science, and career contexts.
- Questions from the Heart of Algebra area focus on the mastery of linear equations and systems, which help students develop key powers of abstraction.
- The Passport to Advanced Math questions focus on more complex equations and the manipulation they require.
Problems grounded in real-world contexts
Analysis in science and analysis in history/social studies
Founding documents and great global conversations.
Length of the SAT
1) No calculator – 25 minutes, 20 questions
2) Calculator permitted – 55 minutes, 38 questions