Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy
We are excited to be collaborating with The College Board to provide free, world-class test prep for students like you!
Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy has practice tests and answer keys for all of the SATs that the College Board has made public, including the tests from the book The Official SAT Study Guide.
They are available to download or take online!
Start your personalized SAT practice now on Khan Academy’s Official SAT Practice!
College Board + Khan Academy Official SAT Practice
- At Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy, you can link your College Board and Khan Academy accounts to get automatic personalized recommendations based on your PSAT performance
- If you didn't take the PSAT, you can take a diagnostic assessment
- Next, we'll recommend practice to you based on your results. You can practice skills any time you'd like to work on them, even if we didn't recommend them to you.
- You'll find video and text explanations to help you understand how the test is structured and to learn the skills covered on the test.
- Learn tips and strategies for taking the test—the same strategies taught by private tutors and commercial test prep companies.
- Take some full-length practice exams, too. We recommend taking them without interruption to give you a sense of what to expect on test day.
Visit Official SAT Practice and hit the “Practice Now” button.
If you are a new learner, the website will start by asking you a series of questions, including whether you want to sign into College Board and send your PSAT results to Khan Academy.
If you’ve already taken the PSAT and want to practice for the SAT, the PSAT can now serve as your diagnostic.
All you need to do is link your Khan Academy and College Board accounts, and we’ll automatically recommend practice based on your PSAT results. We recommend that you link your accounts so that you can get started more quickly!
View this video to learn how to link your accounts.
Once you've done these steps, you're ready to go!
- Create a study schedule leading up to the day of your exam
- Practice skills in reading & writing or math
- Take a full length, timed practice exam and see your score immediately
Want to join the conversation?
- I have a SAT test after exactly one month , so do you think I can be ready for it and bring high score ? I would do anything to get a full scholarship in America .Can anyone tell me what to do to achieve my goal.(14 votes)
- You could try taking the practice SAT tests on the official SAT practice page and finding out what you need to improve on. It will show you what the real SAT will be like and help you find the skills you need to develop. I suggest taking the test and reviewing the problems that were incorrect. It will tell you what subtest categories and categories the question was in, and you can see if you need to spend some time with certain subject areas. For example, in my Writing and Language practice test, half of the questions I got wrong were in the category Writing: Argument and the subcategory English Conventions, which means that I need to focus on those areas. Good luck : )(12 votes)
- bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruhn bruh burh(14 votes)
- Is there a limited number of practice tests I can take on Khan Academy or can I take as many practice tests as I like?(5 votes)
- It's been a while, but here is my answer for anyone asking the same question:
Khan Academy has 8 full-length practice tests which you can find here: https://www.khanacademy.org/mission/sat/exams.
You can reset the exams to retake them, but you'll be taking the exact same tests which isn't going to help much. I'd look online for previously administered exams. You can find plenty on reddit.(3 votes)
- Hello,this is the 1st time I'm starting sat preparation.As I'm a beginner I'm not understanding how to start learning.I have created an account at khan academy but at 1st they are telling me for the test today.But as I want to know what should I learn and how before these daily tests? Are these tests enough for me or there are some lessons and classes also? In one line I just want to know how to study.(4 votes)
- Sorry this is so late! But for anyone else who has the same question, there are plenty of tests to take! You can take the beginner tests, watch videos, etc.(1 vote)
- Are the Level Four reading practice passages taken from the full tests?(3 votes)
- I searched some of them up and could not find them in previous SAT/PSAT tests. Just know that their style and difficulty is very similar to the real SAT reading section.(3 votes)
- What are some ways I can prepare myself for the SAT?(3 votes)
- you try study hard or watch video(2 votes)
- can you take the SAT in Canada.if not,is there other alternative (prep test) that i can take.(3 votes)
- This should help you find your test score:
https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register/find-test-centers (link goes off-KA)(1 vote)
- I'm taking the SAT years ahead of time, and i want something to help me with that. Is there a thing for that?(6 votes)
- do i have to take this test since im a senior(2 votes)
- You do not have to take this test on Khan Academy.
You do not have to take this test in order to go to college (several online programs and all community colleges do not require it).
You do not have to take this test if you apply to the University of California, Stanford University, the University of Chicago or an Ivy league school.
You do not have to take this test if you do not plan to go to college or university.
In short, unless you want to take this test personally, or unless someone is holding you for ransom, and insisting you take this test to get free, you do not have to take this test.
Being a senior has NOTHING to do with it.(2 votes)
- how do I improve essay writing skills?(2 votes)
- Writing the SAT essay is pretty different from a normal essay. Ahead of time, you know that you will have a very specific passage to analyze in a certain way, and your essay will be graded by graders in a very standardized manner. I'd say that the best way to get a good score on the SAT essay (while it won't do as much for your essay writing skills in general) is to develop a sort of specific essay framework that you can apply to most every prompt. This will save you lots of time in thinking about how you want to formulate your essay, and make it so that the only thing you really have to do is think of ideas and fill in the format.
For example, you could say that for every essay, you want an introduction with a sentence or two detailing the context or intention of the piece, and then your thesis. You could, ahead of time, ensure that your essay will flow and have transitions and everything.
Aside from that, you could improve your essay writing by streamlining other parts of the essay. It's known that a longer essay will generally receive more points, so you want to spend as much time writing as you can. If you can quickly read the passage, take some time to gather your thoughts and lay everything out, and start writing right away, you can write more.(2 votes)