AP* Art History
Introduction to cultures and religions for the study of AP Art History
Global prehistory: 30,000-500 B.C.E.
Ancient Mediterranean: 3500 B.C.E.-300 C.E.
Early Europe and Colonial Americas: 200-1750 C.E.
Later Europe and Americas: 1750-1980 C.E.
Africa: 1100-1980 C.E.
West and central Asia: 500 B.C.E.-1980 C.E.
South, East, and Southeast Asia: 300 B.C.E. - 1980 C.E.
Global contemporary: 1980-present
- Required works of art for AP* Art History (Article)
- Why look at art? (Video)
- Common questions about dates (Article)
- What maps tell us (Article)
- Art historical analysis (painting), a basic introduction using Goya's Third of May, 1808 (Video)
- A brief history of religion in art (Video)
- Is there a difference between art and craft? (Video)
- How art can help you analyze (Video)
- Glossary (Article)