Common Core Math
High School: Geometry: Geometric Measurement and Dimension
Give an informal argument for the formulas for the circumference of a circle, area of a circle, volume of a cylinder, pyramid, and cone. Use dissection arguments, Cavalieri’s principle, and informal limit arguments.
Give an informal argument using Cavalieri’s principle for the formulas for the volume of a sphere and other solid figures.
Use volume formulas for cylinders, pyramids, cones, and spheres to solve problems.
- Apply volume of solids
- Applying volume of solids
- Cylinder volume & surface area
- Density word problem: blimp
- Density word problems
- Use related volumes
- Using related volumes
- Volume and surface area of cylinders
- Volume formulas review
- Volume of a cone
- Volume of a pyramid or cone
- Volume of a sphere
- Volume of composite figures
- Volume of prisms and pyramids
- Volume of pyramids intuition
- Volume of triangular prism & cube
- Volumes of cones intuition
Identify the shapes of two-dimensional cross-sections of three-dimensional objects, and identify three-dimensional objects generated by rotations of two-dimensional objects.