Inorganic Chemistry (Essentials) - Class 12
- Trends in the properties of group-14 elements
- Inert pair effect and bonding: Carbon vs Lead
- Oxidising and reducing nature of group-14 elements
- Electron-precise nature of group-14 elements
- Chemical properties of group-14 elements
- Chemistry of some important oxides of carbon
In this video, we will figure out which of group-14 elements can act as an oxidising and a reducing agent depending on the stability of their oxidation states. Timestamps 00:04 - Common oxidation states of group-14 elements. 00:59 - Oxidising nature of Pb(IV). 02:00 - Reducing nature of Sn(II). 03:40 - Is CO a reducing or an oxidising agent? 05:13 - Summary Practice this concept - https://www.khanacademy.org/devadmin/content/exercises/chemical-properties-of-group-14-elements/x90a991f9c9ad330f/xe78b8f41cbbdd06a Check out more videos and exercises on “The p-block elements” - https://www.khanacademy.org/science/inorganic-chemistry-essentials/xa977baede763f033:the-p-block-elements#xa977baede763f033:group-14-elements-the-carbon-family To get you fully ready for your exam and help you fall in love with “Inorganic Chemistry”, find the complete bank of exercises and videos for class 11, Inorganic Chemistry here - https://www.khanacademy.org/science/inorganic-chemistry-essentials?lang=en . Created by Revathi Ramachandran.