Class 10 Chemistry (India)
Let's see the steps of electrolytic refining. Created by Ram Prakash.
Want to join the conversation?
- how did that pure metal strip get pure before?
if from another pure metal how did that get pure?(6 votes)
- dude seriously, he said he bought that from the market. And obviously the "pure copper metal strip: had also gone through the same four steps of enrichment, conversion to metal oxide, reduction, and refining.(0 votes)
- why the copper ions drops in the solution in the first place?(2 votes)
- hey!~ good question!
the copper ions drop in the solution upon being charged with electricity because the electricity passed through it overcomes the forces of attraction between the molecules/atoms and thus they dissociate to give copper ions!
hope it helps!~(4 votes)
- what about the SO4(-2) ions formed in the electrolyte by its decomposition?(0 votes)
- How did they obtain the very first pure ore ?(1 vote)
- Actually its kind of obvious, they used the metals already there in their Native or free state like Gold, Silver, platinum. As for the development of processes like obtaining metal from complex processes (of that time) they could've heated the metal compounds from rocks and obtained metals. For more information you can just research further.(1 vote)
- At9:16, isn't the Iron Sulfate solution already consisting of ions, even before we pass electricity through it? I mean, it is a solution of Iron Sulfate afterall?
Unless the Iron Sulfate solution is actually the Iron Sulfate in liquid/molten form ?(But wait...wouldn't that be electrolytic reduction?)
(Note: I have no problem with understanding why the solution of the salt of the same metal has to be used)(1 vote)
- In thermite reaction, why is magnesium strip added to mixture of rust and aluminum powder?(0 votes)
- in thermite reaction only aluminium and iron is used according to cbse textbook so just stick with that(2 votes)