- 6th graders learn to build a Spider robot
- Fun with Spider Bot
- Parts list for Spider
- Tools list for Spider
- Spider parts and tools
- Spider's click n' stick
- Battery and motor mounts for Spider
- Click n' stick base & batteries
- Spider's motor controller
- Spider's power switch
- Spider's bezel
- Spider's wheels
- Spider's Arduino Nano
- Motor controller connections
- Spider's LED eyes
- Spider's stabilizer bar
- Spider's romance
- Programming Spider
- Ben Eater's Spider
Created by Karl Wendt.
Want to join the conversation?
- If a Spider bot can move around freely, why doesn't it just run way and flee?(12 votes)
- @MiniPixleStudios- It all depends on how you program it, they seemed to have programed it with a collision avoidance program. However you could program it to run away from people (or anything else) pretty easily.(3 votes)
- Why is it called a "Spider" bot?(1 vote)
- What is the Spider Bot doing when it stops and then spins around rapidly for a few rotations?(2 votes)
- It's following the code that was written out for it.. it doesn't always have to be doing something specific. :)(2 votes)
- Is there a way you could learn more about this? I think it is so cool.(1 vote)
- where is this and where can learn more about it?(1 vote)
Visit this link.. it tells you where you can order the parts, manuals, and everything else from. :)(1 vote)
- The tutorial only shows how to make that the robot dance, but I want that the robot do something like this video, when the robot "see" an obstacle stop the walk and see other way to walk, how i can do that?(1 vote)
- Hi Aaron,
May I recommend you start by reviewing the material on arduino.cc, Adafruit.com, Sparkfun.com, and Instructables.com.
If you are able, recommend you purchase a microcontroller such as the Arduino and start coding. If you are not able to purchase the parts today then I recommend you start programming. Learning the "C" programming language is a good place to start. Actually, any language would be good but know that the low level microcontrollers are usually programmed in C.
Please leave a comment below if you have any questions.