- 6th graders learn to build a Spider robot
- Fun with Spider Bot
- Parts list for Spider
- Tools list for Spider
- Spider parts and tools
- Spider's click n' stick
- Battery and motor mounts for Spider
- Click n' stick base & batteries
- Spider's motor controller
- Spider's power switch
- Spider's bezel
- Spider's wheels
- Spider's Arduino Nano
- Motor controller connections
- Spider's LED eyes
- Spider's stabilizer bar
- Spider's romance
- Programming Spider
- Ben Eater's Spider
Happy Valentines Day from Khan Academy Projects. Created by Karl Wendt.
Want to join the conversation?
- Is Arduino programmed in C?
I know already about RobotC(5 votes)
- You can program Arduino in C/C++, but really you don't need to go that far as you'll typically use the IDE which simplifies things. Many Arduino programs wouldn't actually be recognized as a valid C program because of some of the simplifications and abstractions that are available through the IDE.
Arduino programming is fairly straight forward to learn quickly for a vast majority of starting projects you'd want to do with it.
I taught my 6 year old how to do basic programming in/for Arduino in just a few days and he has the attention span of a nat - so that should give you some indication of it's accessibility.(8 votes)
- This is cool. I want to build my own spider but it's very hard.(4 votes)
- Not really if you have experience and the right materials. Try practicing basic soldering of wires and using an Arduino with a solder-less breadboard.(2 votes)
- How do the lights blink and change color at the same time?(4 votes)
- which type of aurdrino do you need(2 votes)
- Hi Neil,
The project used an Arduino Nano. See https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardNano
There are alternatives such the Arduino Pro Mini. See https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardProMini
In general the Arduino devices are interchangeable. This robot project does not appear to use any functions that would be specific to the Nano.
- Are there different codes you can use to make the spider do something other then spin?(2 votes)
- If you know how to code you can program it to do anything. I hope to learn how to teach mine how to make a sandwich someday.(1 vote)
[This video contains no audio narrations.]