Improve your machine
Congratulations! You have completed the challenge. Now you are ready to improve your machine and share your ideas with others.
- Can you expand your program to accept two different coins?
- Can you make a mechanism to automatically measure the coin for the user?
- Can you add up how much money was provided?
- What else can you do?
Share your ideas below. Post a YouTube link to your creations. How does your machine work?
Want to join the conversation?
- How do we make motorcycle(3 votes)
- How does the Lego get their power?(2 votes)
- How do you make a computer program on here cant figure it out ?(2 votes)
- Does this stuff work with Lego MINDSTORMS EV3? Because I have an EV3 edition and it's a little different than the NXT version.(2 votes)
- does it just count nickels?(1 vote)
- It does not count them, it detects the coin by measuring the angle that the coin leaves when inserted between the two bars. Different coin => different size => different gap between the bars.
Note that this is of course a very crude way to detect the coins. It will not work with unknown coins and it will have a hard time to distinguish between two coins with very similar radius.(1 vote)
- I was in a robotics club/comp. team and this really could have helped me a LOT if I knew about it earlier.... But, what exact model or kit is this?(1 vote)
- how does it know the degrees it turns?(1 vote)
- What does Lego have to do with Khan Academy?(1 vote)