Intro to biology
Studying for the AP Biology exam?
Chemistry of life
Water, acids, and bases
Properties of carbon
Energy and enzymes
Structure of a cell
Membranes and transport
Classical and molecular genetics
DNA as the genetic material
Central dogma (DNA to RNA to protein)
Evolution and the tree of life
History of life on Earth
Bacteria and archaea
Crash Course: Biology and Ecology
Ask a biologist (archive)
Give a great answer
Be a guide
We're teaching each other – so don't just answer "Yes" or "No", share your answer the way your favorite teacher would.
Vote, don't echo
If someone has already answered the question well, don't repeat their answer – vote it up instead.
Flag inappropriate posts
Here are posts to avoid making. If you do encounter them, flag them for attention from our Guardians.
- disrespectful or offensive
- an advertisement
- low quality
- not about the video topic
- contentious posts about politics, religion/atheism, or personal issues
- soliciting votes or seeking badges
- a homework question
- a duplicate answer
- repeatedly making the same post
- a tip or thanks in Questions
- an answer that should be its own question
about the site
- a question about Khan Academy
- a post about badges
- a technical problem with the site
- a request for features
Visit a video or article to ask a question.