Simple ways to use Khan Academy
Let students know that they have a free math tutor available to them 24/7
- When students don’t fully understand a math concept or miss a few classes and want to catch up, they can search for relevant videos or exercises to get the instruction they need.
- When students want to fill in any previous gaps in their learning, they can move through appropriate grade- or subject-level missions or search for specific skills they need help on.
- And if students just want to explore beyond their regular coursework, they can try other math missions, or even explore the wonders of computer programming and art history!
- Students who need remediation: If you have students who are performing below grade-level, missions such as Early Math, Arithmetic, or Pre-Algebra can help solidify their math foundations first.
- Students who are at grade-level: These students can use their corresponding grade-level or subject-level missions to reinforce what they’re learning in class and move at their own pace through the year’s curriculum.
- Students who are above grade level: If these students want to make sure that they are prepared for their grade-level or subject-level exams, they can do so by working through the appropriate grade-level or subject-level missions. If they want to challenge themselves to learn more advanced material, then they can explore missions above grade level. And, they can always work on multiple missions at once!