Strategies to engage and motivate students on Khan Academy
- Every student will complete all assigned content by the unit test
- All students will have 30,000+ energy points by the end of October
- The class will spend 1000+ minutes in a month practicing on Khan Academy
Hold a weekly or monthly challenge, or “Khan-test”
Set up a bulletin board to celebrate progress
Have students track their own progress
Encourage peer tutoring
Reinforce the importance of a growth mindset
- Using our Growth Mindset lesson plan. We collaborated with PERTS, Stanford's research center on academic mindsets, to create the Growth Mindset Lesson Plan. It includes activities, videos, and links to helpful resources. Feel free to adapt and edit the activities provided to meet the needs of your students. Download the Growth Mindset Lesson Plan here.
- Watch this Khan Academy video with your students to introduce the science behind the growth mindset.
- Assign the weekly growth mindset activities found at khanacademy.org/partner-content to your classes.
- Share your own personal experience of failing at first and then persisting to be successful.