How to create a teacher account and set up classes
Creating your account
- Go to www.khanacademy.org. Click on the Teachers, start here button in the center of the page.
- Create your username and password, or login if you already have an account.
Creating a class
- Select a subject for your class by choosing one of the listed options. Some of the list might be below the page so make sure to use the scroll bar!
Adding your students
- Option 1: Students can add themselves.
Just below the class code—that’s the number there at the top in the grey box—there is a link to an instruction sheet that you can print for your students that will show them how to sign up for your class. Click one of the other options if you need to add more students using another method or just click on Next if you plan for all students to add themselves to your class using the class code.
- Option 2: You can import students from a Google Classroom.
- Option 3: You can send an email invitation.
- Option 4: You can create a Khan Academy account for students. Choose the Create a Khan Academy account option, then type in each student name. Hit the Enter key on your keyboard to create a new row for each additional student you need to add. After you list your students, click the Add usernames button.