Exercise 3: Space
- How is the illusion of depth achieved?
- Are there any objects that show size differences?
- Can you see how shapes and lines contribute to the depth of this scene?
- On a piece of paper, draw a horizontal line and place an “x” somewhere on it. This will be your vanishing point.
- Now, draw squares of different sizes, some above, below, to the left and right of the vanishing point.
- Using a ruler, connect the corners closest to the vanishing point with straight lines and see if you can establish a sense of depth.