Exercise 2: Shape
- Can you locate the main shapes in this image?
- How does shape influence where you look and what meaning and emotion is conveyed?
- What are the unique characteristics that help establish the mood and story?
- On a piece of paper, draw the composition using the simple shapes. Feel free to overlay each frame and trace on top of it with a highlighter.
- What does the shape of the character imply?
- Does their shape change over time?
- Put this character in a scene from your story and try sketching out the composition using simple shapes.