Exercise 1: Pitching
- Who are the characters and how can you make them distinctive?
- Pull out and highlight any dialogue between characters so it’s easily visible when you’re going through your scene.
- What are some descriptive words you can use to help your audience use their imagination?
- What kind of energy can you bring to your pitch? Consider body movements, voice characteristics and sound effects.
- Remember to pay attention to pacing; going through action scenes quickly while slowing down to let moodier moments breath.