High school activity breakdown
- "Activity 1: The truth about your brain" explores how the brain changes as we learn.
- "Activity 2: The growth mindset" discusses the differences between the growth mindset and the fixed mindset.
- "Activity 3: Mistakes are opportunities." gives advice on how to shift from shying away from mistakes to seeing them as learning opportunities.
- "Activity 4: Keep going. Keep growing." shares strategies for overcoming frustration and learning.
- "Activity 5: Supercharge your growth." teaches how to set SMART goals that set you up for success.
- "Activity 6: My kind of cool" shares stories about belonging and discusses how feeling like you don't belong is normal.
- "Activity 7: Serendipity" showcases stories from people who have become successful in their careers by learning to deal with the unexpected.
- "Activity 8: The path forward" is a final reflection and opportunity to teach other about growth mindset.
How to use the activities
- Step 1: Assign all three parts of the activity. For example, please do not assign Activity 1, part 2 without Activity 1, part 1 and part 3.
- Step 2: Work on the activities with the students. You can choose to complete all three parts of an activity in one day or spread them out over three different days.
- Step 3: Celebrate! Students receive a growth mindset badge for completing all three parts of an activity and gain progress on the LearnStorm progress tracker
- Homework: Assign the activity to your students for completion independently in class or at home.
- Small groups: Assign the activity to your students for completion in small groups in class.
- Full class: Have students popcorn read or read silently. Pause for students to answer each reflection question in a notebook or Google doc.