- Introduction: This simple experiment illustrates ocean acidification ... in a cup!
- Set up your experiment: Tools, materials, and assembly
- What’s going on: Creating carbon dioxide gas that diffuses into liquid
- Challenge: Can you prove that diffusion happens both ways?
- Experiment tips
- Ocean Acidification in a Cup: Complete Activity Guide
Human activity is having an enormous impact on our natural environment, including making our oceans more acidic. This hands-on science snack, Ocean Acidification in a Cup, models the chemical process that's occurring around us and helps you understand some of the mechanisms and impacts related to climate change.
Want to join the conversation?
- The liquid at the end is not water(3 votes)