1. Converting pounds to ounces
We can't tell you how many times in your life you will stare at a recipe and then need to use this skill. Trust us. Let's convert pounds to ounces!
3. Converting yards into inches
Converting units of measure is a skill you'll encounter many times over in everyday life. In this example, we'll look at yards, feet, and inches.
5. Measurement word problem: elevator
Sal solves a US customary mass (weight) word problem involving pounds and tons.
6. Measurement word problem: blood drive
Sal solves a US customary volume word problem involving pints and gallons.
7. Multiple units word problem: road trip
Sal solves a word problem where he finds the cost of gas in a road trip given the car's fuel efficiency, length of the trip, and price of gas.
8. Proportion word problems: dimensional analysis
Sal solves two related proportion word problems about a squirrel crossing the road and a car that approaches it. He does that using dimensional analysis.
9. Measurement word problem: running laps
Sal solves a US customary distance word problem involving miles, yards, and feet.
10. Multiple units word problem: drug dosage (advanced)
Future doctors and nurses out there, take note. This unit conversion word problem deals with converting drug dosage units, something that is commonly done in hospitals. Give it a try with us.
11. Same length in different units
Sal shows how we can describe the length 4.5 yards in a variety of different units.
12. Multiple units word problems
Solve word problems that contain multiple quantities that are measured in different units.