2. Dividing completely to get decimal answer example 2
Sometimes the number that you're dividing by is larger than the number that is being divided and won't go into it even once! What do you do? Watch.
3. Dividing whole numbers to get a decimal
Divide two whole numbers to get a quotient with a decimal.
4. Dividing a decimal by a whole number
You're doing great. Now we want to mix it up a little: divide a decimal by a whole number. Follow along.
5. Dividing a whole number by a decimal
When dividing a whole number by a decimal, you're going to need to change that decimal into a whole number. How? We'll show you.
6. Dividing decimals 1
Divide a whole number by a number written to the tenths or hundredths place. Quotients are whole numbers.
7. Dividing decimals 2
Divide a whole number by a number written to the tenths or hundredths place. Quotients may include decimals.
8. Dividing by a multi-digit decimal
Let's do one more decimal division problem together but change it up. This is one with a decimal divisor and will require you to shift the decimal first.
9. Dividing decimals with hundredths example 3
The old saying is "practice makes perfect." Let's keep practicing dividing decimals and making our divisor a whole number.
10. Dividing decimals: hundredths
Divide two numbers. Divisors, dividends, and quotients can include decimals written to the tenths or hundredths place.