MAP Recommended Practice
- Converting percents to decimals & fractions example
- Converting between percents, fractions, & decimals
- Convert percents to fractions
- Convert fractions to percents
- Converting decimals to percents: 0.601
- Converting decimals to percents: 1.501
- Convert decimals to percents
- Converting percents to decimals: 59.2%
- Converting percents to decimals: 113.9%
- Convert percents to decimals
- Converting percents and fractions review
- Converting decimals and percents review
Review writing percents as fractions and fractions as percents. Then, try some practice problems.
Writing percents as fractions
Percent means 'per hundred.' So, we can replace a percent sign with 'per hundred.'
Let's write as a fraction.
Want to learn more about writing percents as fractions? Check out this video.
Convert to a fraction in simplest form.
Writing fractions as percents
Percent means 'per hundred.' So, we want to create an equivalent fraction with as the denominator.
Let's write as a percent.
The key here is to turn to a fraction with a denominator of . To do this, we need to know what times gives us :
Now we're ready to convert to a percent:
Convert to a percent.
Want to join the conversation?
- this website get really confusing sometimes(42 votes)
- Can you have a decimal point for the dominator?(18 votes)
- Yes, it's possible to have a decimal in the denominator, but a fraction like this isn't fully simplified. To simplify, we move the decimal point the same number of places to the right in numerator and denominator to get rid of the decimals, then we reduce as usual from there.
For example, 2.4/0.18 is equivalent to 240/18, which then reduces to the improper fraction 40/3 or the mixed number 13 and 1/3.(2 votes)
- i'm having hard time with this.(5 votes)
- Hi Nina! This is quite simple once you understand it.
So basically lets say the percentage is 30%
Converting it to decimals would be 0.30, or 0.3 if you simplify it because as you should know the second digit wafter the decimal point is the hundreths place.
For fractions it would be 30/100, or 3/10 simplified because 30% of 100 would be 30 parts of 100!
Hope this helps! You can always comment any more questions you have!(21 votes)
- to find the simplest fraction you have to dive the numerator and denominator as much as you can until you cannot find a common factor(8 votes)
- Why didn't 175% not need a decimal before the 7 and after the 1.(7 votes)
- 7/4 is the same as 175/100 (4x25 = 100) & (7x25 = 175). As we know per cent means per hundred. Since we converted 7/4 to hundredths, we simply need to remove the /100 and add the percent sign (%).
If you were to write it with the decimal point like this 1.75%, and then convert back to a fraction, the fraction would be 7/400.(2 votes)
- not a question but hi everyone(6 votes)
- Why is this is hard(5 votes)