4. Representing 1 as a fraction
Sal uses fraction models and a number line to represent 1 as a fraction.
5. Rational number word problem: ice
Word problems force us to put concepts to work using real-world applications. In this example, determine the volume of frozen water and express the answer as a fraction.
6. Creating equivalent fractions
Sal creates equivalent fractions by dividing a fraction model and number line into smaller parts.
7. Equivalent fraction visually
Sal uses number lines and fraction models to show equivalent fractions.
9. Equivalent fraction word problem example
Your teachers will tell you that being able to apply (or put to use) concepts helps you to learn them better. Here's a word problem in which you have to apply your knowledge of equivalent fractions.
10. Equivalent fraction word problem example 3
We're comparing fractions using the info given in this word problem. Can you find the equivalent one?
11. Equivalent fraction word problem example 4
How may times have you been told, "Save your money!" We thought so. What if you wanted to save a fractional amount of your allowance? How would you go about figuring out how much to save?
12. Equivalent fractions (fraction models)
Practice finding equivalent fractions. These problems show you pictures of fractions to help you out.
13. Comparing fractions of different wholes 1
Sal shades visual fraction models to compare fractions.
16. Compare fractions with the same denominator
Compare two fractions that have the same denominator using greater and less than symbols.
17. Compare fractions with the same numerator
Compare two fractions that have the same numerator using greater and less than symbols.
18. Compare fractions with the same numerator or denominator
Compare two fractions that have either the same numerator or denominator.
22. Rate problem using fractions
One common application of rate is determining speed. Watch as we solve a rate problem finding speed in meters per second using distance (in meters) and time (in seconds).
24. Fraction word problem: pizza
Sal uses fraction models to figure out what fraction of a pizza is left.
25. Add and subtract fractions: word problems 1
Practice solving word problems by adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators.