Grade 7 (Virginia)
- Rates & proportional relationships example
- Rates & proportional relationships: gas mileage
- Rates & proportional relationships
- Graphing proportional relationships: unit rate
- Graphing proportional relationships from a table
- Graphing proportional relationships from an equation
- Graphing proportional relationships
Rates & proportional relationships example
Sal compares a rate given in an equation to a rate shown on a graph. Created by Sal Khan.
Want to join the conversation?
- This is very confusing. can someone explain it?(28 votes)
- You will have to be more specific find the spot in the video and ask about that part.(5 votes)
- what does ambiguous mean(10 votes)
- Ambiguous means unclear or having multiple meanings. You 𝘤𝘢𝘯 look it up.(14 votes)
- anyone else not get this?(7 votes)
- You are supposed to ask for help not if other people get this.(3 votes)
- What if all of the rates are not equal would the answer still be the smae?(5 votes)
- It depends on the rates(3 votes)
- How would you do it if it was,
A giraffe grows 3-10 inches per day,
Which of the following equations, where t represents time in days, and H represents height in centimeters, could be descriptions of the growth of the giraffes height?
Thanks for helping me!(3 votes)
- So you said that the giraffe grows between 3-10 cm a day..
Where t = days an h = height.
So there can be more than one answer because we don’t how how much exactly it grows..
So the answers would be between 3 and 10.
3) H = 7.1t
4) H = 9.3t
Those were the only 2 possible answers in the given options..
Hope this helped(6 votes)
- But what if In the problem it is like this 17,000 compared to the for example(3,6) What do we do?(3 votes)
- Please elaborate(5 votes)
- This makes no sense please help(2 votes)
- So in the video the question is, "is y=6.5x a slower unit rate (the unit rate is 6.5)then the unit rate shown in the graph. The graphs unit rate is y=3.5x (where 3.5 is the unit rate). So if you compare the two unit rates, 6.5(sentence unit rate) and 3.5(graph unit rate), 3.5 is the slower unit rate. Hope this helps :}(7 votes)
- You use the Show solution?(4 votes)
- I don't get this. Can someone please help me?(2 votes)
- I can only help you if you tell me what you don't understand.(5 votes)
Am I the only one who doesn't know what "with respect to" means?(4 votes)
Which is less-- the unit rate of the equation y equals 6.5x or the unit rate of the graph shown below? So when they're talking about unit rate-- and they're actually a little bit ambiguous here. They should have been clearer in this question. I'm assuming they're asking us about the unit rate at which y changes with respect to x. Or how much does y change for a change of 1 in x, the unit rate. And over here, you see when x changes 1, y is going to change by 6.5. Every time x increases by 1, y is going to increase by 6.5. Or you could say the unit rate of change of y with respect to x is 6.5 for every 1 change in x. In this graph right over here, as x changes 1, as x increases 1, y increases it looks like by about 3 and 1/2. x increases by 1, y increases by 3 and 1/2. So the unit rate of change here of y with respect to x is 3 and 1/2 for every unit increase in x. So this line is increasing at a slower rate than this equation. Or y in this line is increasing at a slower rate with respect to x than y is increasing with respect to x in this equation right over here. So the unit rate of the graph is less than the unit rate of the equation.