Get ready for Geometry
- Scale drawings
- Scale drawing: centimeters to kilometers
- Scale drawings
- Interpreting a scale drawing
- Scale drawing word problems
- Creating scale drawings
- Making a scale drawing
- Construct scale drawings
- Scale factors and area
- Solving a scale drawing word problem
- Relate scale drawings to area
Scale drawing word problems
Use scale drawings to solve problems in real-world contexts.
Practice problem 1: Two figures
Figure is a scale image of Figure .
What is the value of ?
Practice problem 2: Map
Alexander is drawing a map of the Federal Triangle in Washington, D.C. The actual Federal Triangle has a base of feet and height of feet. Alexander needs his drawing to fit on his paper, so he decides to make the base of his triangle inches.
What scale is Alexander using?
What is the height of Alexander's triangle in inches?
Practice problem 3: Scale model
Rena is building a scale model of a real castle. Her model has a rectangular base that is feet wide and feet long.
What is the area of the base of the actual castle in square feet?
Practice problem 4: Moon challenge
The earth is approximately miles in diameter. The moon is approximately miles in diameter. The distance between the two is approximately miles.
You build a two-dimensional scale model of the earth and moon. You use a circle with a diameter of inch to model the moon.
In your model, what is the diameter of the earth in inches?
In your model, what is the distance between the moon and the earth in inches?
Want to join the conversation?
- who introduced scale drawing(49 votes)
- A really smart demon(74 votes)
- why am i struggling so bad with basic math lol(60 votes)
- I wanna know the same thing lol , I just got mad for no reason this is basic stuff lol(24 votes)
- f whoever made math like wth(27 votes)
- The first two questions are kinda hard to understand. Can someone simplify them for me?(15 votes)
- for number two its 1 inch for 300 feet its easy for the second part after that(6 votes)
- This was so confusing I did not get it at all(19 votes)
- I am so confused...It was so easy in the lessons!(17 votes)
- who created or made up math?(12 votes)
- Beginning in the 6th century BC with the Pythagoreans, the Ancient Greeks began a systematic study of mathematics as a subject in its own right with Greek mathematics. Around 300 BC, Euclid introduced the axiomatic method still used in mathematics today, consisting of definition, axiom, theorem, and proof.
For more info. check out this website!
- this is the most confusing thing ever(12 votes)
- um i'm still really confused on how to do this(11 votes)
- I don't understand the 2nd question. Can someone explain it to me?(8 votes)
- the scale is1:180. The model of it is 3 feet high and 4 feet wide, so you do 180 x 3 and 180 x 4. After doing that you multiply both of them together.(6 votes)