Sal reads and interprets bar graphs.
Want to join the conversation?
- if the only things you should compare are bike world and bikes r us, then why are the other two bars, ride free and heart bike there? isn't it a waste?(4 votes)
- The other bars are there to test your ability to identify which bars of the graph to read in order to answer the question.(4 votes)
- so its a bar graghf?(4 votes)
- Do you understand a bar graph😉?(2 votes)
- [Voiceover] How many more bikes does Bike World have than Bikes R Us? So let's compare Bike World to Bikes R Us. So Bike World is right over here and we see that Bike World, if we just look at this right over here, Bike World has 19 bikes, has 19 bikes. And they wanted us to compare Bike World to Bikes R Us and say how many more bikes does Bike World have than Bikes R Us? So Bike World has 19, how many does Bikes R Us have? This is Bikes R Us right over here, Bikes R Us has, Bikes R Us has 12 bicycles. So how many more does Bike World have than Bikes R Us? Well we can just subtract Bikes R Us's number of bikes from Bike World's, 19 minus 12. What is that going to be? Well if we look at the ones place, nine ones minus two ones is seven ones, and then one ten minus one ten is no tens. I could write no tens there but I don't have to write that. So there's seven more bikes at Bike World than Bikes R Us. And you can also see it here. If you start at Bikes R Us, If you were to start at Bikes R Us and you wanted to go and you wanted to see how many more bikes would I have to get to the same number of bikes as Bike World, you would see that you would have to go from 12 to 19, or you would have to add seven bikes, or that Bike World has seven more bicycles than Bikes R Us, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven. So how many more bikes does Bike World have than Bikes R Us? It has seven more bikes.