Geometry (all content)
Parallel and perpendicular lines review
Review the basics of parallel and perpendicular lines. Identify and draw parallel and perpendicular lines in some practice problems.
What are and ?
are lines that meet at right angles.
Two lines that meet at right angles.
are always the same distance apart from each other — no matter how far they are extended, they will never meet.
Two lines that will never cross.
Want to learn more about parallel and perpendicular lines? Check out this video.
Practice set 1: Identify parallel and perpendicular lines
Which of the following pairs of sides in are perpendicular?
A triangle GAZ. The angle at Z has a box at its vertex connecting lines AZ and GZ. The angles at G and A are acute angles.
Practice set 2: Draw parallel and perpendicular lines
Any pair of points can be connected by a line.
Use the green line to connect the pair of black points that makes a line parallel to the blue line segment.
Want to join the conversation?
- Quick question how do you prove that lines are parallel? I can't seem to find that on here and i really need to know!(182 votes)
- If you draw a line through the 2 lines, it should be perpendicular to both lines.(32 votes)
- I am having trouble remember these. Anyone have any tips to help me remember?
Edit : Case Closed. But thank you Taylyn for answering my question! Everyone have a nice day.(35 votes)
- Yes. In the word Parallel, the double L's are side by side, and if going on in a straight line, would never touch. So, the double L's in Parallel are, well, parallel. Use those as an example to help you remember what parallel means.(55 votes)
- Are perpendicular any kind of lines that intersect each other? I've got to know this!(22 votes)
- Yes, perpendicular lines intersect each other with 4 90-degree angles.(3 votes)
- Does a perpendicular line ALWAYS have to be 90 degrees? Just a Question(14 votes)
- Yes, a perpendicular line must always be at a 90-degree angle(26 votes)
- does perpendicular line have to be the exactly 90 degrees?(7 votes)
- It always have to be exactly at a right angle, and a right angle is always 90 degrees so yes.(2 votes)
- What happens if a Parallel line goes through a regular line so that make it perpendicular so what is that.(11 votes)
- If the parallel line goes through the line, the lines will not be parallel anymore, so they will only be perpendicular if they meet at a right angle.(7 votes)
- Why does the human brain have to know what geometry is?(8 votes)
- So it can identify shapes and measure things. It also helps make the human brain grow.
Hope this helps :D(13 votes)
- How to know if two lines are perpendicular if there are also lines that are connected and they aren't perpendicular?(5 votes)
- what is are perpendicular and parallel lines(3 votes)
- Perpendicular means they make a right angle. (A 45 degree angle) Parallel means they will go on forever and never meet.(6 votes)
- Is cereal a soup?(5 votes)