1. The parts of polynomial expressions
Learn about terms, coefficients, and exponents. The basic ingredients of polynomial expressions!
2. Polynomial word problem: rectangle and circle area
Sal writes a binomial to express the difference between the area of a rectangle and the area of a circle.
6. Adding & subtracting multiple polynomials
Sal simplifies (x³ + 3x - 6) + (-2x² + x - 2) - (3x - 4).
8. Polynomial word problem: area of a window
Sal writes a polynomial expression that represents the total area of a window made of wood and glass.
11. Multiply binomials intro
Use the distributive property to express the product of two binomials as a single polynomial.
12. Special products of binomials
Find perfect squares of the forms (x+a)² and (x-a)², and differences of squares of the form (x+a)(x-a).
13. Multiply binomials by polynomials
Use the distributive property to express the product of a binomial and a polynomial as a single polynomial.
14. Simplifying rational expressions: common binomial factors
Given a rectangle with length a²+6a+27 and width a²-9, Sal writes the ratio of the width to the length as a simplified rational expression.
15. Simplifying rational expressions: opposite common binomial factors
Sal simplifies and states the domain of (x^2-36)/(6-x).
16. Simplify rational expressions: common binomial factors
Factor the numerator and the denominator of a rational expression and cancel out common binomial terms.
17. Adding and subtracting rational expressions 2
Sal performs the following addition and simplifies the result: 5/(6x^4)+7/(3x^2).
20. Add & subtract rational expressions: like denominators
Example: Add and simplify 6/(2x²-7) + (-3x-8)/(2x²-7).
21. DEPRECATED Adding and subtracting rational expressions 3
An old-framework (khan-exercise) that wasn't converted to the new framework: Perseus. Replacement content: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/algebra2/rational-expressions-equations-and-functions#adding-and-subtracting-rational-expressions
22. Add & subtract rational expressions: unlike denominators
Add and subtract rational expressions with relatively prime denominators by manipulating them to have the same denominators.
23. Add & subtract rational expressions: factored denominators
Example: Add and simplify x/(2x+1)(x-7) + 2x²/(2x-3)(x-7).
24. Add & subtract rational expressions
Example: Subtract and simplify (a-2)/(a+2) - (a-3)/(a²+4a+4).
Current time: 0:00Total duration: 2:56
0 energy points
Adding and subtracting rational expressions 2
Sal performs the following addition and simplifies the result: 5/(6x^4)+7/(3x^2). Created by Sal Khan.