Sal compares 394 and 397.
Want to join the conversation?
- Why do people compare numbers and how do they compare numbers?(4 votes)
- In math, to compare means to examine the differences between numbers, quantities or values to decide if it is greater than, smaller than or equal to another quantity. Here, for instance, we are comparing numbers. By comparing, we can define or find by how much a number is greater or smaller.(2 votes)
- Who created the greater than and less than symbols?(1 vote)
- how do you know if its a equal number(2 votes)
- Sorry for the late response, posting this for anyone who wants to know, you know it's an equal number if the number is the same as the other number. So, if both of the numbers are the same value, you know you're going to select equal as your answer.(1 vote)
- Where do we do Word Problems ?(2 votes)
- Word Problems deal with real world events so they give you something that you could face in real life.(0 votes)
- Compare the two whole numbers 31,242 and 9,568(1 vote)
- how were the symbols made?(2 votes)
- How can you learn from lines(2 votes)
- a line is liner just like numbers so you place all the numbers in row you can tell which is bigger or smaller(0 votes)
- Why do we use number lines to compare? If you know your math numbers digits and know which digits are bigger; you can easily compare by just glancing at the numbers.(1 vote)
- Its good for young users who are visual learners. This is 2nd grade for young children. So most kids are visual learners.(2 votes)
- How do I reset my password?(0 votes)
- If you have an email address connected to your account, you can click "Forgot Password?" when you sign in. It will send an email with a link to a page that will let you change the password. Hope this helps!(4 votes)
- Is infinity ever complete or is it just a value constantly moving? What about the number line?(1 vote)
- Infinity is infact a value that constantly keeps on growing.
Imagine numbers for example, the more zeros you add at the end of a number, the more it grows.
For example, 100, 1000, 100000, 100000000 and so on.
I hope that this helps your situation(2 votes)
Determine whether 394 is greater than or less than 397. Then write the expression that shows this using either this symbol or that symbol, and this is actually the less than symbol. We'll think a little bit more about how to remember that. That is the less than symbol and this is the greater than symbol. So first of all, let's just look at the two numbers: 394 and 397. So let me write them down. 394 and the other number is 397. Now, they both have 3 hundreds, so their hundreds place is equivalent. They both have 90 with that 9 there, but this is 300 plus 90 plus 4 and this is 300 plus 90 plus 7. And we know that 4 is less than 7. If you look on a number line, 4 comes before 7. If you're counting the 7, you're going to pass up 4, so 394 is less than 397. And the way that we write that, we would just write 394 is less than 397. And the way I remember that this means less than is that the smaller number is on the side that has kind of a smaller side. You can imagine this side is much smaller than this side over here. We could also write it the other way. We could write 397 is greater than 394. And once again, the bigger number is the side that this little thing is opening onto or the side that has the bigger side of this symbol right here. This point is the smaller side. This out here is the bigger side. That's where you put the larger number. Greater than, less than.