Learn how to square basic numbers and make a connection between squaring and the area of a square.
Let's start by taking a look at an example evaluating
Here's a question to make sure you got that:
What does it mean to square a number?
Connection to a square
(read as "three squared") is the same as finding the area of a square with side length :
Want to join the conversation?
- what is 5 to the third power(98 votes)
- well, to the power means the number, times itself, however many times the power is. for example,
2 to the fourth power would be 16. because 2 times two is four, that times two is eight, eight times two is sixteen. 2*2*2*2. so five to the three would be 5*5*5. I bet you can find the answer from there.(140 votes)
- Can We Negative Square Num.? If yes, How?(52 votes)
- Yes, we can use in imaginary numbers, where (-1)²=i , I think you're gonna see it at the pre-cauculus subject.(44 votes)
- Good Luck guys I am hope you do well(30 votes)
- what if 6x6x6x9=?(23 votes)
- What is imaginary numbers?(16 votes)
- Good question! In the real number system, it is not possible to find the square root of a negative number, since no real number times itself is negative. This is because 0 times itself is 0, a negative number times itself is positive, and a positive number times itself is positive.
To get around this problem, mathematicians invented the imaginary unit i, defined as the square root of -1. This produces an extended number system called the complex numbers, defined as numbers in the form a+bi where a and b are real numbers. For example, 8, 3 - 2i, and 5i are complex numbers. Also, 5i is an example of what is called a pure imaginary number, because 5i is just a real number times i.
Have a blessed, wonderful day!(27 votes)
- 5^3 = 125
5 x 5 x 5 = 125(20 votes)
- What are some tips to be a great 6th grader since it is the first time in middle school?(12 votes)
- Like @The Math Wiz said
Review what you learned in 6th grade.
Always Get enough sleep before school.
Don't be afraid to ask questions
6th grade might seem scary but you'll soon get the hang of it
In middle school there might be a lot of presenting it might seem scary but just remember to speak clear and look confident!
Stay out of unnecessary drama it's not worth it
You don't need to have 1 million friends to
enjoy school sometimes bigger isin't always better have fun with your friends :)(18 votes)
- what beneficial things to do over the summer before going to 8 grade(9 votes)
- It's the same as finding the square root of something.(9 votes)
- Yes, just the opposite process!
You can say that "squaring" and "square rooting" are inverse operations. (when n >= 0 though)(7 votes)
- what is that bar on top of a number!?(5 votes)
- It means it's repeating over and over, it comes in handy when you have a 'repeating decimal'. You'll probably learn about repeating decimals when you start to learn about shifting fractions into decimals. Hope that helps <3(9 votes)