Powers of 10 review
Review the powers of 10 and try some practice problems.
Summary of powers of
How do we evaluate powers of ?
To evaluate a power of , we multiply the base by itself the exponent amount of times.
has an exponent of , so we multiply times itself times:
The number of zeros in the solution always matches the exponent.
, which has zeros
Want to learn more about powers of ten? Check out this video.
Which of the following is equivalent to ?
Want to try more problems like this? Check out this exercise.
Want to join the conversation?
- how do you make a power of ten?(16 votes)
- It is simple a power of ten is just how many zeros it has for example 10^6 (Ten the power of 6) would have 6 zeros like this 1,000,000 which is One million. So to sum up 10^6= 1,000,000. Easy if you really think about it(47 votes)
- Khan Academy you had taught me so much so i want to keep getting better in math and more things,thank you khan Academy.(32 votes)
- no prpblem
thank you(0 votes)
- why is powers of ten so easy?(21 votes)
- cause all you do is add 0's(14 votes)
- When you divide a negative by a negative, would it be a positive or a negative?(10 votes)
- It would be positive. Just like in multiplication, if they're both positive or negative, it will be positive. If both numbers are different (in terms of being positive/negative) then the resulting quotient should be negative, assuming you did the math right!(6 votes)
- This was pretty easy basically I would look at the exponents, (EX : 10^4) then I would see which has 4 zeros (If this helped I hope you can up vote :D) (Its okay if now)(8 votes)
- are there powers of other numbers?(4 votes)
- You can use exponents in pretty much any situation, with any number. There are powers of one, zero, twenty-three, and every single other number, just like all numbers have a square root.(5 votes)
- how many are in the power of ten(6 votes)
- 10,000,000,000(2 votes)
- look at how many zeros there are and that is the answer. It will help you a lot.(6 votes)
- True. But for an equation like 40x50 there are 2 0's but it equals 2,000 which has 3 zero's(0 votes)
- Powers of 10 are really easy because, all you have to do is count the zeros!(4 votes)
- and the number above the 10 says how many zeros there are(3 votes)
- Is there any division videos like 94000.1 divided by 10 =(4 votes)
- I don't think so, but your question is easy to solve: just move every number one space over to the right. 94000.1/10 = 9400.01(3 votes)