Sal orders 3 objects by length and compares the lengths of 2 objects indirectly by using a third object.
Want to join the conversation?
- at 8;22 ,I
know I"m not very good at telling time or measurement , but i was hoping khan academy could lead me up with doing better at those things by starting with something easier and then working your way up from there?(11 votes)
- how does leghth measure things(3 votes)
- Physically, you would use a ruler by centimeters, millimeters, or inches. In the video, in the first seconds of it, the person uses blue dots to measure the statue. You could also use blocks to help you measure anything.(4 votes)
- will this help use when we need it?(4 votes)
- I have a question could we use odering by lenth in our life like you were going to buy grapes and you wanted a lot the one that has less you don't want to buy but the one with the most you can am I right?(3 votes)
- How is math dog water It's fun and your brain gets strong and games are fun and its a break to your brain so math is not dog water(3 votes)
- Drag the lines up or down. Order them from longest to shortest. Put the longest line on top. So, alright, out of these three lines, the longest one is this one. So, I click on this and I move it to the top. And they want us to order from longest to shortest. So, we want the longest on top, and the shortest on the bottom and the medium one in the middle. And, that's what we have. Longest, less long and the least long, or the shortest, right over there. Let's keep going. Alright. Is it taller or shorter? So, let's see this whale, even if we don't count the water that's coming out of its spout, is taller than these three blocks. So, I would say, the whale is taller than three blocks. If I said the whale is shorter than three blocks it wouldn't make sense. 'Cause a whale is more than three blocks tall. So, it's taller than the three blocks. The squirrel is, well, the squirrel is clearly shorter than the three blocks. It looks like it's about two blocks tall. So, the squirrel is shorter than the two blocks. You scroll down because there's another question. So, the whale is blank the squirrel. Well, the whale's gonna be taller than the squirrel, and you can see that if you just compare the whale straight to the squirrel, or you can say, "look, if the whale is more "than three blocks, "the whale is taller than three blocks, "the squirrel is shorter than three blocks, "so the whale must be taller than the squirrel." Because the whale is taller than the blocks which are taller than the squirrel. So, the whale is gonna be taller than the squirrel. Let's keep going. Is it taller or shorter? The cookie is shorter than these five blocks. The ice cream cone is, well it looks, it's taller than the five blocks. So, the cookie is, well, the cookie's shorter than the five blocks which is shorter than the ice cream cone. The ice cream cone is taller than the blocks which are taller than the cookie. So, the cookie is, for sure, shorter than the ice cream cone. It's shorter than this which is shorter than the ice cream cone. So, it's definitely shorter than the ice cream cone. Let's do one more. Is it taller or shorter? Well, the penguin is taller than the four blocks. The turtle is shorter than the 10 blocks, sorry, the four blocks. The penguin is taller than four blocks. The turtle is shorter than four blocks. So, the penguin is, well, it's gonna be taller than a turtle. The penguin is taller than the blocks which are taller than the turtle. So, the penguin is taller than the turtle. Lots of fun.