1. Points on the coordinate plane examples
Let's get familiar with the x/y coordinate plane, both from the perspective of plotting points and interpreting the placement of points on a plane.
2. Coordinate plane: graphing points
Sal graphs ordered pairs, such as (8, 10) in quadrant 1 on a coordinate plane.
4. Coordinate plane graphing word problem
Sal solves a word problem involving distance between points on quadrant 1 of a coordinate plane.
5. Coordinate plane word problems (quadrant 1)
Find the distance between points, graph points, and interpret data on coordinate planes to solve word problems.
6. Quadrants of the coordinate plane
You like dividing up a pizza into slices? In geometry, we slice up the coordinate plane into quadrants. Although these are more like squares than triangular pizza slices! Let's learn about them.
7. Points and quadrants example
Plot an ordered pair like (-4, -2) and then decide which quadrant it is in.
8. Graphing points & naming quadrants
Practice graphing points and identifying which quadrants they're in.
9. Finding the point not graphed
Some of the given ordered pairs are already graphed on the coordinate pane in this example, but not all of them. Can you tell which haven't?
11. Coordinate plane word problem examples
In this word problem, we need to plot the ordered pairs and then figure out the difference in the y coodinate between the two. This will give us our answer!
12. Coordinate plane problems in all four quadrants
Practice solving word problems by interpreting the meaning of points plotted on an xy coordinate system.
13. Reflecting points in the coordinate plane
Just like looking at a mirror image of yourself, but flipped....a reflection point is the mirror point on the opposite axis. Watch this tutorial and reflect :)
14. Reflecting points in the coordinate plane
Practice reflecting points across axes on the xy coordinate plane.