Sal represents fractions as whole numbers and whole numbers as fractions.
Want to join the conversation?
- who else's mom is making them do this because of quarntine?(8 votes)
- i am soooooo bad at math but i love math(3 votes)
- What is half times half times half.(2 votes)
- You cannot ask questions like that! I have looked into your account that's the same question they gave you! Please try to figure out yourself or watch a video!(3 votes)
- well its more fractions that i am bad at(2 votes)
- Who's mom makes u do khan Academy forced because of this quarntine(2 votes)
- [Instructor] We're told that each rectangle is a whole. So this is a whole right over there, that's one whole, and so this is two wholes. Which expressions describe the shaded part of the picture? And they've shaded in everything, and they say choose two answers. So pause this video and see if you can answer that before we work on this together. So before I even look at the choices, there's different ways I could represent this. I have, I've already talked about that if each of these rectangles is a whole, we have two of 'em, so I could say this is two wholes. That's one way to represent it. Another way to represent it is, let's see each of the wholes is divided into two equal sections so this is a half right over there and this is another half. This is a half and this is another half. So total shaded in we have one, two, three, four halves shaded in. So we could also represent it as four halves. Or instead of writing half out like that, you could also represent a half like that 1/2, that's another 1/2, that's another 1/2, that's another 1/2. And how many of these halves do we have, we have one, two, three, four. So how can we write four halves, well you can write it as 4/2. So which expressions describe the shaded part of the picture? Well it's definitely not just one whole, we have two wholes here so I'll rule that one out. 4/2, yep we already thought about that one. Four halves, yeah we thought about that one as well so we're done.