1. Intro to adding & subtracting rational expressions
Learn how to add or subtract two rational expressions into a single expression.
2. Adding & subtracting rational expressions: like denominators
Sal adds 6/(2x²-7) + (-3x-8)/(2x²-7) and subtracts (9x²+3)/(14x²-9) - (-3x²+5)/(14x²-9).
3. Add & subtract rational expressions: like denominators
Example: Add and simplify 6/(2x²-7) + (-3x-8)/(2x²-7).
4. Intro to adding rational expressions with unlike denominators
Sal rewrites a/b+c/d as a single rational expression.
5. Adding rational expression: unlike denominators
Sal rewrites (5x)/(2x-3)+(-4x²)(3x+1) as (-8x³+27x²+5x)/(2x-3)(3x+1).
6. Subtracting rational expressions: unlike denominators
Sal rewrites (-5x)/(8x+7)-(6x³)(3x+1) as (-48x⁴-42x³-15x²-5x)/(8x+7)(3x+1).
7. Add & subtract rational expressions: unlike denominators
Add and subtract rational expressions with relatively prime denominators by manipulating them to have the same denominators.
8. Adding & subtracting rational expressions (advanced)
Have you learned the basics of rational expression addition/subtraction? Great! Now dig deeper with some advanced examples.
9. Least common multiple
Sal finds the LCM (least common multiple) of 12 and 36, and of 12 and 18. He shows how to do that using the prime factorization method, which is a just great!
12. Subtracting rational expressions: factored denominators
Sal subtracts two rational expressions whose denominators are factored. The denominators aren't the same but they share a factor.
13. Least common multiple of polynomials
Sal finds the least common multiple (LCM) of 3z³-6z²-9z and 7z⁴+21z³+14z².
14. Add & subtract rational expressions: factored denominators
Example: Add and simplify x/(2x+1)(x-7) + 2x²/(2x-3)(x-7).
16. Add & subtract rational expressions
Example: Subtract and simplify (a-2)/(a+2) - (a-3)/(a²+4a+4).