7th grade (Eureka Math/EngageNY)
- Exploring scale copies
- Explore scale copies
- Corresponding points and sides of scaled shapes
- Corresponding sides and points
- Identifying scale copies
- Identify scale copies
- Identifying scale factors
- Identify scale factor in scale drawings
- Identifying values in scale copies
- Scale drawing: centimeters to kilometers
- Making a scale drawing
- Construct scale drawings
- Interpreting a scale drawing
- Solving a scale drawing word problem
- Scale drawing word problems
Sal uses ratios to figure out how far apart two cities should be on a map. Created by Sal Khan.
Want to join the conversation?
- so... basically you just do x6 to both? .(105 votes)
- yes its like equivalent fractions.you know when you multiply the numerator and the denominater by the same number.(3 votes)
- I did the "ratio word problems" by the way at below :
for example :
Laine reads 25 pages in 30 minutes.
If Laine reads 200 pages in a same rate, how long will it take her?
I did like this: 25=30
I used 200*30 then divide 25 and the answer is 240 which is an correct answer.
Can I find any answers from this type of question by the solution above?
Thank you.(4 votes)
- Yes, this is a correct way to solve ratio problems. (25:30and 200:? would be the correct way to write it. 25 does not equal 30.)(1 vote)
- I got this question and I'm not sure how to solve it
A 17 Oz box of Special K for $4.89 or a 21 Oz box of Cheerios for $5.69. Which is the better deal?
- Your problem is a typical problem involving unit prices. The better deal is the one with the lowest unit price. You can calculate any unit price by doing: Price ÷ Units (in this case ounces). So, here are the steps you need to do.
1) Calculate the unit price for the Special K: 4.89 ÷ 17
2) Calculate the unit price for the Cheerios: 5.69 ÷ 21
3) Compare your 2 answers. The one with the lower unit price is the better buy.
Here's a video on unit prices: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/pre-algebra/pre-algebra-ratios-rates/pre-algebra-rates/v/finding-unit-prices
Hope this helps.(7 votes)
- mr.khan i have a question>The ratio between the length sides of a triangle is 2:3:4.Ig the perimeter of the triangle is 54cm,find the length of each side of triangle(2 votes)
- How do you solve a ratio comparing 3 quantities?(1 vote)
- First you find out how much time would take to let 5 people to paint 5 wall. Then you find out how long do it take to let 6 person to paint 1 wall. The answer should be 6.6repeat, round to 6.67.(2 votes)
- So you just multiply the denominator and numerator with the same factor that was hinted in the question, correct? 7/10 = 42/60, the numbers are still equal to each other because your just increasing the times you split it, like a pizza. Getting 7/10 of the pizza and getting 42/60 of the pizza are the same thing, just cut into smaller pieces. Huh.(2 votes)
The scale on a map is 7 centimeters for every 10 kilometers, or 7 centimeters for 10 kilometers. If the distance between two cities is 60 kilometers-- so that's the actual distance-- how far apart in centimeters are the two cities on the map? Well, they give us the scale. For every 10 kilometers in the real world, the map is going to show 7 centimeters. Or another way to think about it is if you see 7 centimeters on the map, that represents 10 kilometers in the real world. Now, they're saying that the distance between two cities is 60 kilometers. So it's essentially 6 times 10 kilometers, so times 6. So if you have to 6 times 10 kilometers on the map, you're going to have 6 times 7 centimeters, so times 6. And 6 times 7 centimeters gets you to 42 centimeters. So how far apart in centimeters are the two cities on the map? Well, 42 centimeters.