6th grade (Illustrative Mathematics)
Learn how to place | - 27 |, -17, -28, and 22.4 on the number line.
Want to join the conversation?
- I have noticed a thing.
a physics video(I am 6th grade)= 9 minute video
a math video(6th grade) = 2 or 1 minute video
Why is it so? Can anyone answer me?
(BTW) I know that this is out of context, and I maybe dumb, but I am just curious)(4 votes)
- There are also different ways to explain concepts and procedures. But as Kim said, math and physics are a bit different, so I wouldn't worry if one is 2 min and another one is 9 min..find the one that makes sense to you.(1 vote)
- I still don't understand why negative numbers have less value if they are at the same distance as 0(3 votes)
- They are less then zero, lets say that I hade 2 cookies, my friend ate them and said Give me another one. I would be in debt of 1 cookie, or I had -1 cookies. Think of it as zero minus a number.(0 votes)
- brrrrrrr skibidi dob dob dob ddob yes yes yes skibidi dib skibidid dobba da dobba da brrrrrrrrrrrrrr yes yes yes yes dob dob dob(3 votes)
- ha hummmmmmmmmmmmmm yabba yabba yaaaa ha hummmmmmmmmmmmmm yabba yabba yaaaa ha hummmmmmmmmmmmmm yabba yabba yaaaa ha hjmmmmmmmmmmmmm yabba yabba ya(3 votes)
- 1:00So basiclly ur turning neg. and pos. into their opposites?(1 vote)
What we have here is four different values some of them expressed with negative numbers or absolute value, and what I want to do is sort them from least to greatest, where the least is on the left and the greatest is on the right. So sort from least to greatest. And like always, I encourage you to pause the video and try to work through it on your own. So assuming you have, you had a try at it, so the easiest way I can think about it, well let's just, let's just plot them all on a number line. And you might want to draw it out or eventually you kind of have a number line in your head, and you can think about it that way. So let's first think about the absolute value of value of -27. So what is the absolute value of -27? Well it's just going to be +27. This right over here is the same thing as +27, because -27 is 27 to the left of 0. 27 to the left of 0. So let's plot the absolute value of -27. Well it's really 27, so it's going to be right over here. So that is the absolute value of -27. It is +27. Alright, then we have -17. Well, -17, let's see each hash mark here is 3, so this is -9 and -12, -15. So -17 is gonna be right around there. So that is -17. And then we have -28. So we have -27 and each hash mark is 3, so -28 is going to be right over there. -28. And then finally we have -22.4. So let's see, we have 18, 21, 22 would be here, so 22.4 is going to be roughly right over there. So that is 22.4. So if we want to sort it from least to greatest, well, we just have to start at the left end of the number line. The smallest of them, or the least of them, is -28. Then we go to -17. -17. Then we go to 22.4. Then we go to 22.4. And then we go to the absolute value of -27, and we are done.