4th grade (Eureka Math/EngageNY)
- Convert to smaller units (oz and lb)
- Converting US customary units of volume
- Convert to smaller units (c, pt, qt, & gal)
- Converting feet to inches
- Convert to smaller units (in, ft, yd, & mi)
- Converting units of time
- Convert to smaller units (sec, min, & hr)
- Time conversion word problems
- Word problem: making change
- Currency conversion word problem
- Convert money word problems
Sal converts between American dollars and Chinese yuan. Created by Sal Khan.
Want to join the conversation?
- I don't understand this. I have problems with this kind of math. Anyone that can help me please. Addison :)(8 votes)
- It says that Dennis likes a sweater that costs 197 Chinese yuan. He wants to spend $30.
$1 = 6 Chinese yuan
so, $30 = ( 6 x 30 ) = 180 Chinese yuan
Now the question is whether he has enough money to buy the sweater that he likes, which costs 197 Chinese yuan.
197 is more than 180 Chinese yuan, so therefore we can conclude that he does not have enough money to buy the sweater.
I hope this helps :))(5 votes)
- solving money word problem is hard. Help me answer this Question, Min-Jun was comparing prices at the grocery store. One brand of bread cost $1.37. Another brand cost 28 cents more. How much does the bread cost?(4 votes)
- 3x6=18 add the zero that u took from the 30 and add it to the 18 so it will equal 180 yuan and 197 is greater than 180 so no he does not have enough.(2 votes)
Dennis is vacationing in China and wants to spend $30 on a new sweater. The sweater he likes costs 197 Chinese yuan . One US dollar can be converted into 6 Chinese yuan. Dennis will have blank Chinese yuan if he converts his $30. Well, let's think about this. He's going to take $30, and the conversion rate is 6 yuan per dollar. So he's going to have $30 times 6 yuan per dollar. So he's going to have 30 times 6 yuan. And 30 times 6, well, that's the same thing as 3 times 6 times 10, or 180. So he's going to have a 180 Chinese yuan. Now does he have enough money to buy the sweater? Well, the sweater cost 197 yuan. So no, he does not have enough money to buy the sweater.