4th grade (Eureka Math/EngageNY)
- How to convert kg to mg and T to oz
- Convert to smaller units (g and kg)
- Convert liters to milliliters
- Convert to smaller units (mL and L)
- Converting metric units of length
- Convert to smaller units (mm, cm, m, & km)
- Multi-step unit conversion examples (metric)
- Metric conversions word problems
Sal converts between liters and milliliters.
Want to join the conversation?
- Are milliliters 1000 liters?(9 votes)
- if 1l is 1000ml so what will be 10ml into l?(6 votes)
- Add 2400 mL to 8.9 L(0 votes)
- Both measurements need to be expressed in the same unit before they can be added (just like adding fractions requires first using a common denominator).
Remember that 1 L = 1000 mL.
So converting L to mL requires multiplying by 1000 (or equivalently moving the decimal point three places to the right). This also means that converting mL to L requires dividing by 1000 (or equivalently moving the decimal point three places to the left).
One method is to convert 2400 mL to L, getting 2.4 L.
Then we can add 2.4 L + 8.9 L = 11.3 L.
Another method is to convert 8.9 L to mL, getting 8900 mL.
Then we can add 2400 mL + 8900 mL = 11300 mL.
While the two answers we get may look different (11.3 L and 11300 mL), they are equivalent because 1 L = 1000 mL.
Of course, the answer that you choose to write or enter will depend on what units you're asked to use for your answer.(13 votes)
- Did he say 19 or 90 at1:31(3 votes)
- What is greater 7 gallons Or 30pints(3 votes)
- how many milliliters are in a Liter?(2 votes)
- Does mili mean 1000 or a million and why?(3 votes)
- [Instructor] What we're going to do in this video is some examples converting between liters and milliliters and just as a reminder, milli means one-thousandth so a milliliter is one-thousandth of a liter, or another way to think about it, one liter is 1000 milliliters. So given that, how many milliliters would seven liters be? Pause the video and think about that. Well if one liter is 1000 milliliters, then seven liters would be 7000 milliliters. And what about 18 liters? Pause the video and think about it. Well that would be 18,000 milliliters. So however many liters you've got it would be a thousand times as many milliliters because each milliliter is one-thousandth of a liter. Let's do some more examples. So here it says blank milliliters equals 15 liters. Pause the video again, see if you can figure this out. Well remember, every liter is a thousand milliliters. So 15 liters would be 15,000 milliliters. Remember, if you have a smaller unit, and here you're smaller by a factor of a thousand, the number that you would need of it to have the same as a large unit would be larger. So you have a smaller unit, so you have a larger number here. Let's do one more example. Compare using greater than, less than, or equal to. So nine liters, how does that compare to 90 milliliters? Pause this video and try to answer it for yourself. Well how many milliliters is nine liters? Nine liters is the same thing as 9,000 milliliters and 9,000 milliliters is clearly greater than 90 milliliters. So what you want to do in a problem like this is convert both to milliliters. 9,000 milliliters, that's what nine liters is, that's 9,000 milliliters, that's going to be greater than 90 milliliters.