Measurement & Data - Statistics & Probability 176-188
Measuring in inches
Sal measures a flower in inches. Created by Sal Khan.
Want to join the conversation?
- what the heck is going on ? There is no post yet except my first post here.(14 votes)
- what type of flower is it(6 votes)
- How ezy and boring 😴 😪(4 votes)
- is anyone unsmart;p(3 votes)
- what is the two dots in there for?(3 votes)
- For measuring(1 vote)
- i wanna know how tall the flower is(3 votes)
- Its 3 inches long.(1 vote)
- im here to be anoying there is 2 white dots bottom left(3 votes)
- huh I have no idea what your saying(2 votes)
- thanks Sal for your lessons I don't think I could do this without you so thank you for spending your time teaching us👍.Thanks for helping(2 votes)
- [Instructor] So right over here, I have a flower and I have a ruler and what I wanna do is figure out how wide this flower is. So you can pause the video and think about how I would do that. All right, now let's do this together. So if I wanna figure out how wide the flower is, first I could say, all right, the left side of the flower goes about this far. So let me draw a line here just so we can really keep track of how far we go to the left and then the right side of the flower goes about that far. So let's keep track of that and then we can use our ruler to measure the distance between those two lines. We can rotate it a little bit then I'm going to move it a little bit and I want the left edge of the ruler to start at that left line. So starting right over here and then we could see that it's one, two, three inches roughly to get us to the right side. So it looks like this flower right over here is three inches wide.