- How can parents give permission for their child to have a Khan Academy account?
- Who can see information about my child?
- How does Khan Academy protect students under 13 years old?
- What else can I do to protect my child’s privacy?
- Privacy considerations
- Khan Academy privacy principles
Students age 13 and up can create their own Khan Academy accounts. If a student is under 13, however, we take extra precautions by preventing them from creating accounts on their own. We want to support you, as parents, in being involved in and aware of your child’s online experience. If your child tries to create a Khan Academy account, you, as a parent, will receive an email asking you to give permission and create an account for your child.
The process is easy. Parents can create accounts for their children under 13 by following these 2 quick steps:
- Creating a parent account for yourself using a Facebook, Google, or other email account. You’ll use your account to see your child’s progress and manage their Khan Academy account.
- Creating an account for your child. You won’t need to provide an email address for your child or even their real name. No personal information about your child is needed. Just make sure to pick a unique username and password that you and your child can both remember!
Want to join the conversation?
- I have a code to enter for my son but I followed the link and it just had me sign him up. It never gave me a place to enter the CODE his teacher gave me so that she can be his coach.... can you help?(3 votes)
- Go to your child's profile. Click on where it says Coaches, which is on the same bar as Progress and Badges. There you'll find a box provided for the entering of a class code.(5 votes)
- My 4th grader is looking for challenging content around physics, space and programming. Since he is not 13 yet, how can I consent to "upgrade" his account to access physics etc. lessons?(3 votes)
- My child has worked diligently on a project for a contest and found out that it can not be entered due to age. Is there anything I can do to allow this as a parent/teacher?(3 votes)
- Does the child's account automatically switch to allow the other privileges when the child turns 13?(3 votes)
- I set up an account for my preschooler about a year ago, but didn't ever get her into working on the computer - she was still a little young for the content offered at that time. She is now 3 and I want to start her but I can't remember her password. Is there a place where parents can access that info? Thanks(2 votes)
- giving my child more access to Khan academy(3 votes)
- How a parent can promote a child account to a regular one? Is it automatically promoted when the child turns 13 (w.r.t to saved DoB)?(2 votes)
- I am a fourth grade teacher and I have enrolled my students this year. They can see that I am their teacher, but on their screen they see 3rd grade skills. Is there a way to change this?
- A very interesting and motivating feature of the Programming skills is the Peer Evaluation. My daughter has a child account in KA. However, there is no "Evaluation" button on the project page.
What should we do? She has been working hard to see other people feedback... :-((2 votes)